The field of chiropractic is concerned with the nervous system and how it leads to our overall health and well being.
In addition to keeping our nervous system healthy with chiropractic adjustments, it is also important to do so through proper diet and exercise.
Fortunately, the chiropractic profession can provide important guidance in these areas.
Chiropractic Exercise Recommendations
Chiropractors suggest 20-30 minutes of exercise, a minimum of four times a week, for optimal health. This is important because research has shown that exercise plays a vital role in managing lower back pain and strengthening the lower back. It has also been shown to improve the overall quality of life, and when it is combined with the use of chiropractic care, certain aerobic exercises can promote better circulation and proper digestion.
Chiropractic Dietary Recommendations
When it comes to diet, the American Chiropractic Association has some recommendations in order to maintain optimal health.
- Drink enough water. You should aim for at least eight glasses a day, and coffee, soda, and alcohol should never be substituted for water, as they are dehydrators.
- Increase your raw food intake. Canning and cooking can destroy a lot of the nutrition found in foods. Instead, eat frozen or fresh fruits and vegetables, as they will have more vitamins and minerals. The exception is canned tomatoes, as these can help with the prevention of prostate cancer.
- Choose organic. Foods that are grown organically will have lower quantities of toxic elements in them, including heavy metals and pesticides.
- Get enough fiber. It is recommended that you consume at least 25 grams of fiber per day, and you can get it by consuming high-fiber foods like whole-grain breads, cereals, nuts, and beans.
- Take a supplement. If you feel that you are not getting enough vitamins and minerals from your diet, consider taking a multi-vitamin as a supplement.
Visit Jonesboro chiropractors for more information about chiropractic care.