Surprising Whiplash Statistics For Chiropractic Patients In Jonesboro
A whiplash injury typically results in the urgent need for chiropractic care after an accident, as this is one of the most common injuries involved in car accidents.
If you have ever experienced whiplash you know how painful this condition can be, but to better understand it, you should check out some of the surprising statistics regarding this injury.
- Each year, over one million injuries involving whiplash occur due to car accidents alone, and even more occur when factoring in athletic activities.
- Each year 3.8 out of 1,000 people will suffer from a whiplash injury.
- 1 out of 5 whiplash cases deal with symptoms of the injury after one year. Of that total percentage, only 11.5% of these individuals returned to work in that same period of time.
- Approximately 6.2% of the U.S. population stated that they have suffered from late whiplash syndrome in which painful whiplash symptoms had not resolved in a year.
- The majority of whiplash injuries occurs in people in their 40s, and the incidence is higher in females than it is in males.
- While whiplash is commonly thought of as a car accident injury, it can also occur due to falls, trips, and slips. Sports can also result in this type of injury, such as contact sports, cycling, and horseback riding.
- Whiplash injuries can occur at driving speeds of as little as 15 miles per hour.
- Whiplash injuries are worse when the car seat is reclined back so that the body can then ramp up over the headrest.
- Additionally, springy seats can increase this rebound effect.
Treating a whiplash injury has the best chance of symptom reduction if you visit your local chiropractor immediately. Spinal manipulation is a highly effective whiplash treatment option, and you can get back to feeling like normal in no time.